Excuses are the tools with which persons with no purpose in view build for themselves great monuments of nothing. ~Steven Grayhm
Everybody make excuses. It’s human nature to make up excuses when we don’t feel like doing something.
The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that some know how to kill their excuses.
No one ever excused his way to success. ~Dave Del Dotto
I’m too tired. I don’t have the time. I don’t feel motivated. I’d rather do nothing. I don’t have the money. I don’t … because of ….
We’ve all made the excuses. Here’s how to kill them.
- See the positive: Excuses are usually made because we don’t feel like doing something. We focus on the negative of something rather than seeing the positive in it. If we find the joy in it and focus on that we can beat it.
- Take responsibility: We make excuses as a way of not having to own up to something. If we say that we don’t have the time, money, motivation, etc. to accomplish something then it stops being our problem. Wrong! You must take ownership!
- Find a solution: Most every problem has a solution. If you believe you don’t have time then make time. Wake up earlier. Do it on your lunch break. Do it before going home after work. If you are too tired do it when you are not tired. You are a smart person. Sort it out!
- Know the goal: Your goal is your motivation. You must have a clear goal in mind to accomplish anything. Sure, you could just lay on the couch and watch the brain drain box or play video games. However, if you think about what your goal is and why you want to reach that goal it will motivate you to get moving. To get up and just do it.
- Be accountable: Find someone to be accountable to. At Unit 2 you can be accountable to your coach or trainer. You can train with a friend and be accountable to them. This goes for everything in life. If you have a project get a project partner. Call your Mom if you have to. You need someone that is going to let you know that you are slacking.
- Make a list of your best excuses: Then get off your behind and do it anyway!
See you in the gym!