Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a martial art self defense system that focuses on grappling and ground fighting. BJJ promotes that a smaller, weaker person can defend against a bigger stronger assailant by using proper technique and leverage.
Our programs start at approximately 7 years of age and extend until 12 years of age. 13+ kids may take the adult classes.
Our Mini Spider Program is for kids aged 7-12 and meets three times a week for 45 minutes each class. In this program you can expect:
- Teaches principles and techniques of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Have fun in a safe and disciplined environment
- Teaches crucial life skills, like respect, self-control and discipline.
- Incorporates skills that are crucial in adolescent development
- Emphasizes how to react in “bully” type of situations
- Helps develop gross motor skills and agility
- Aids children in developing concept of teamwork and cooperation
Each class consists of a warm-up, technique portion and sparring with teammates in a safe yet fun environment.
You DO NOT pay for belts in our program; each belt is tested for once the instructor believes the student is ready for the next level. The belts in our program are EARNED.
Needed for each class:
- BJJ Uniform (Gi)
- Mouthpiece (optional)
- Water or sports drink
- Athletic clothing to wear under the Gi; you must wear a shirt and shorts under the gi.
Classes are Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:30PM for Spiderlings and Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 5:30PM for Mini Spiders. We also have a bi-monthly Saturday 9:00AM Saturday competition class for Mini Spiders.